Wednesday, February 24, 2010

200* in an ODI - His name is Sachin Tendulkar!!!

How true - India skips a beat when Sachin takes strike. He would be yet to open his account, or when he might be on 99, the nation wants to see him get that one elusive run. And at most times, he hasn’t disappointed!

Skip to 24 February 2010, Gwalior, India:
I’ve never seen a beautifully timed and powerfully hit six from an Indian batsman’s willow getting jeers, rather than cheers from fellow Indians! Never have I seen Indians clapping when an opposition fielder saves a boundary and restricts their own batsman for a single. I saw that happen today!

The Corp HQ canteen of one of India's largest companies that I work for jeered at a Dhoni six, and cheered when Amla saved a certain boundary and restricted Dhoni to just a single. For it was just a matter of time before the room exploded after that famous 'heart-beat-skip' as the little master dabbed a Protean delivery to point and ran those 23 yards to become the first ever player in world cricket to conquer the Everest of 200 in Limited Overs’ International!!! And I can proudly tell my grandchildren, "I was there. I was there!!!”

No comments: