Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Man in Khaki and the Digital World!!!

So here I was, on my way to college when I suddenly this man in khaki walking towards me... He has a little khaki jhola hanging from his right shoulder!!! Hmm... when was the last time I ever saw a guy in khakis with a khaki jhola... December? Nope, November:?Nay, October? Maybe, but I dont remember, September: vague memories of him coming to my house in Thakurli to get a registered mail signed!!! Ever since I moved in to Sarvoday Shilp, I don't recall one instance of seeing that good ol' messenger!!! It's a digital world after all!!!
And when was the last time I ever got a postal mail??? (not that I get many) hmm... Lemme just try to rewind back...
December, November, October, September, August, July? Naah! Never!
June? Ah... Yes!! I got one addressed to my name from my college inviting me to join the Alumni Association!!!

And just when I thought no one sends me any mail (poor me!), I glance through a few mails lying on my dining table and suddenly voila!!! A mail addressed to my name... But, I dont even bother opening it! It's from this organization called the Life Insurance Corporation!!! So much so for my three whole seconds of excitement!!!

No comments: