Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Voted!

Voted, not after a few hiccups though, which ain’t surprising if you are a voter in India. Firstly, couldn’t dig out my name from the ‘online’ voters list. Secondly, I was told the Sr. No. that I had used for voting during the General Elections would do.

On reaching the booth, I was told that my vote has already been cast. Double-checking revealed that the name next to the Sr. No. belonged to a certain Shetty ! Had to wait for a few minutes till the Poll Officer dug out the name - Virgis Blissin Thom! Yes, that’s how I am recognized in the official electoral list.

Finally, the finger was inked and the button was pressed – my fifth such experience!

For the record, all candidates that I’ve cast my vote so far have lost… It won’t be any different this time around too! :D

3 comments:

Ann said...

Athe kolaaaaaam....:P u atleast gt to vote! I hav never got that opportunity til now! ..n am growin old :(

Jemy Jacob said...

hahahahaha
ahaahhaaaaa

well for me it was for the first time !! Finally got to vote, but the best (rather worst) part was that i was seeing the name of candidate that i was gonna vote, right on the polling machine... :D

Blessen said...

@Ann,

If you hadn't left this lovely country, you could have had an ink-mark on ur finger too! :D

@Jemy,
Congrats on your first time vote! I think I know which party you would have voted for, but I am interested in knowing how your name was printed in the electoral list.