Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shit!!! (This ain't the swear word!!!)

About a month back, when I was travelling my usual route from Dombivli to VT (oops... CST), I decided to do something out of the ordinary that might gross many of you out!!! Normally, I decide to catch up on lost sleep while travelling- something that I have been doing quite frequently after joining XIC. Somehow, that day, my eyes were open even after Thane had passed (which is when sleep calls me).
I thought I'll do something interesting here. My attention went to this man in his 30s going about 'it' sitting on the railway tracks. And the train on the move wouldn't even have passed 100 metres when I see another little fellow emptying himself but this time he is on track number 3!!! I decided it's time for me to take a count. And mind you, this is happening sometime in the afternoon around say 1ish! This explains how I got a window seat from Dombivli!!!

Anyways, my count it seems started increasing after every 200 metres!!! 3...4...5...6... and then there was a sudden pause. The area between Mulund and Bhandup!!! There isn't much population around the tracks there!!! But again it goes... It increases when I approach Vikhroli!!! I have already reached 13 by the time the train leaves Vikhroli... I have had enough.. I have seen a lot of shit (literally) already!!! I was sure I would have found almost the equal amount of people just between Sion and Matunga!!!

Now, picture this... What if I had decided to take the count during one of the morning time travelling that I do? And what if, during that morning, I had decided to carry on with my counting right till I reached VT? I am sure I would have messed up my count by the time I reached Matunga!!! And I'll still be having nightmares of shit all around me!!!
And I am being told it's even worse towards the Harbour side!!! What is it that makes these people risk their lives just to empty their bowels? Lack of Toilets of course, is the major reason. But it's not just that!!! There are toilets built in some of these areas that I just mentioned!!! Then, why don't people use them? The answer is simple and lemme explain it to you in a gross manner... The moment you open the door of the toilet (if the toilet ever has one), it is all right there!!! No one bothers to clean them... I know for a fact that I would rather die of constipation than of breathlessness using that toilet!!! SHIT (Literally)!!!

2 comments:

P2C2U said...

BLESSSEN!!!!!! you need to be in therapy!!!
Love
Your Eternal Editor

Blessen said...

wonder why most of them say the same thing to me??? :(